- about us
- members services
- News & Policy
- policy issues
- Letters to the Editor
- First Nations In Forestry
- Truck LoggerBC - Magazine Archives
- Truck LoggerBC - Advertising
- TLA Events
2015-2017 Strategic Plan
The TLA is built on a strong foundation with deep roots in BC's coastal communities where our timber harvesting contractors live and work. We have developed a strategic plan to better serve our members and the coastal communities they live and work in.
The TLA believes that a strong and sustainable working forest will generate long-term prosperity for the people of British Columbia, and that the people who work in our forests should share in this prosperity.
To be a strong and unifying voice for British Columbia’s coastal forest community.
Who We Are
The Truck Loggers Association was formed in 1943 to give independent timber harvesting contractors a collective voice in the changes taking place in society and the forest industry.
The TLA now represents independent harvesting contractors, independent sawmills, small tenure holders and industry suppliers located across the coast of BC. With more than 450 member companies, the TLA continues to be an influential voice.
We promote the viability and sustainability of the BC coastal forest industry by:
- Representing our members in the development of innovative and progressive forest policy and practises
- Fostering successful relationships with the forest industry, local communities and all levels of government
- Building strong and mutually beneficial relationships with First Nations
- Nurturing effective communication with our members, industry, government, First Nations and local communities
- Maintaining a dynamic organization that addresses the evolving needs of its members
TLA Advocacy Achievements
- TLA Year in Review: 2015/2016 explains what the TLA has achieved for our members over the last year.
- Getting it Done: A Decade in Review explains what the TLA achieved over ten years (2003-2013).
TLA Community Contributions
- The TLA Forestry Education Fund, generously founded and funded by TLA members, supports forestry education across BC's coast.
- $37,500 is scholarships to BC students was awarded by the TLA Forestry Education Fund in 2015.
- TLA Forestry Education Fund Annual Review: Find out what we achived in 2015!